Tuesday, August 9, 2011

To do list

I have a three page To Do list.  Home & Family.  Five Rivers.  Fair Trade.  Sometimes the sections overlap.  I'm trying to get as much done as possible by the weekend after next.

I've been slowly chugging through the list today, feeling a little thrill of satisfaction with every tick in the margin of my notebook.  The problem is, many of the To Dos involve emailing people, so of course when the people reply I find myself getting caught up in a whole series of emails, going off at a tangent, and requiring additional To Dos to be added to the original list... 

Everything is more-or-less important, though some things are more pressing than others.  The Home & Family page has the most items with added exclamation marks to denote urgency, e.g:

! Car service 
! Blood test [even though I've been putting it off for, oh, about three years]
! Tidy the house [see Blood test]

So tell me, what's on your To Do list?  And what's been on there for more than a year?

3 comments:

  1. Too numerous to mention, but in 5 days time we shall have lived here for 15 years and some things have

    been outstanding since then!
    One thing I feel really guilty about is "make room in garage for new car(May2001) New car now old car and new new car due in September!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am pretty good at doing the things on my to-do list - aren't I very annoying!? So my to-do list today is empty...#polishes halo#

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, Avril, that is pretty annoying. Tell you what, would you like some of the things off my list?

    Enjoy your new car, old dog!

    ReplyDelete