Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Back to school season (ok, not quite)

It seems ridiculous, in early August, to feel that the summer is on the turn.  But the intense heat and humidity does seem to be easing off (hooray!).  The pool (in spite of its cosy new solar cover) is a degree or three cooler than it has been.  And the nights are drawing in - if we're not smart about it of an evening, the Man and I are starting to find that we're setting off for an after-dinner stroll around the block in the pitch dark.

So with the spirit of autumn in my heart, I took the Girl shopping for school supplies today.  This is a task I usually leave until the day before back-to-school day, when there is hardly anything left on the shelves to choose from, and I have to drag round three or more stores in order to scrape together all the required notebooks and binders, pencils and highlighters.  Today we were well ahead of the game, and completed our purchases in a remarkably brief one-stop swoop. 

There!  That's another satisfying tick on the To Do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment