I hadn't seen a Harry Potter movie in a cinema since the first one, and even that wasn't really by intention. It was the only half-decent thing on offer when the Man and I managed to get away for our first "date night" together, about a year after the Girl was born. I have to admit, I slept through a lot of it.
Tonight, however, we set out en famille with the sole purpose of watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II. Despite HP having been the backing track to my life for what seemed like several months a while back, I'd managed to hear most of the last book without actually listening to it (a skill I've honed over the years with radio cricket commentaries), so while I had a vague idea of what was going on, I didn't actually know the ending. So I was very excited to learn that...
What's that? You haven't read/listened to/seen it yet?
Oh, well then, I won't spoil it for you.
The kids enjoyed it, though they picked holes in the production as only the Potter faithful can. I'm not quite persuaded that I'll ever read the books, but I am grateful to JK Rowling for creating Professor Snape, played so superbly by Alan Rickman.
I cried!
ReplyDelete