Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Imagine that

I was sitting at the kitchen table with the Girl today, eating some fruit.  I don't know where the Boy was.  An eery voice came from the pantry:

This is your conscience speaking!  Buy Cape Cod Potato Chips for your children!  It will make you feel very good...

I do generally try to pay attention to my conscience, but now I'm officially middle-aged it seems to be going a bit rogue.

A stay-at-home day today (can you tell?), though we did all get out this evening to hear a friend performing in an open-mic night at a local restaurant.  The musicians all played outside under an awning open to the street, so they filled the little shopping hub of our town with sound.  It was fun.  The youngest performer was only eight years old and did a remarkable job accompanying himself on piano as he sang Imagine. 

1 comment: