Breakfast at 7:30am, then it was my turn to perform, on the theme of Fair Trade, for the local community group I visited a couple of weeks ago. The audience wasn't huge, so it should have been a piece of cake. Instead, alas, it was a bit of a waffle.
I really need to get to grips with public speaking. It's still my least favourite part of this advocacy lark. Writing, fine. Contacting people, no problem. Organising events - love it! But having to stand up and talk while people look at me just seems to turn my brain to mush and scrambles all my well-thought-out words.
Having said that, the audience was kind. They gave me a commemorative mug and thanked me very much - and I think they meant it. For although I may not be the most inspiring of speakers, at least I'm always a crowd-pleaser in one respect: I hand out free chocolate.
No comments:
Post a Comment