The Boy had an appointment with the orthodontist this morning. I sat in and watched the intricate tinkering with teeny brace fastenings, wires and springs and was very much impressed with the dentist's craftsmanship. Apparently the wire-work is doing what it should and progress is good.
The Girl was invited to a friend's house near the library in the afternoon, and we cycled there together. It was the perfect day for it, sunny and warm but not humid - nice to be out on a pair of wheels.
Cyclists probably aren't supposed to ride on the sidewalk, but the main road is intimidating, and since almost no-one uses the sidewalk for walking anyway I reckon it's fair game. I ended up having to bank on being the only sidewalk user today when I realised my handbag (purse) with my purse (pocketbook) in it had fallen off the back of the bike somewhere on my journey. I did eventually pick it up again half a mile back along the route - completely untouched, as of course not a single person had passed by and found it.
Here ,it would have been "picked up" before you dropped it!
ReplyDeleteI wish you were joking...
ReplyDelete