Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Stitchers in time

The kids love staying with Grandma and Grandpa.  There's stuff they like to do here.  Today the Boy got to walk to the library, chatting to his Grandpa about Pokemon all the way there and all the way back (and it's not a very short walk - thank you Grandpa!).  The Girl got to rearrange Grandma's dolls-house and make new clothes for the dolls (by which I mean, she instructed Grandma on what kind of clothes to make - thank you Grandma!).  Both kids also got to eat chips [home-fries]and strawberries with sugar, and OD-ed on CBBC [kids' TV].

The Man hopped on a train to Cambridge mid-afternoon to meet up with some former colleagues.  I wandered into Watford with a vague idea of shopping.  I ended up spending too much time in John Lewis marvelling at the vast choice of duvet covers (how's that for a sad admission?).

Tonight I went along to my Mum's quilting group.  They've been quilting together since 1984. I've been to the odd meeting now and then, attended their quilt shows and so on, but it's been a while since I saw most of them.  Illness has taken a few of their number over the years, but otherwise they don't seem to have changed at all, even the oldest who will soon be turning 90.  Creativity and friendship have age-defying powers.


2 comments:

  1. this is all true, ut if we got other channels i wouldnt watch so much cbbc :P also, whats a shoutstor???

    ReplyDelete
  2. duvet covers..your life has no end to the excitement it contains! Mind you, I do love a wander around the linen department too...(Pam adds that she couldn't resist a bargain in the towel dept)

    ReplyDelete