Sunday, January 30, 2011

Joe Blog


All that partying yesterday left the kids feeling too tired to go skiing today.

Well tough, we went anyway.  And had a great time - of course. 

My lesson kept me on the Bunny Hop, one of the easiest trails.  But the kids were taken down "Joe's Special" which is a Blue, a "more difficult" trail.  That sounded a bit out of my comfort zone, but when the Boy insisted I try it I rationalized that if my eight-year-old could do it, how bad could it be, really?

Two minutes of sheer bloody terror was what it was - steep and icey with unexpected bumps.  While my son somehow managed to chug down at a sensible speed, his skis firmly wedged in a wide snowplough, I went hurtling along on the very outer edges of control.

But I did make it down in one piece.  Three times, actually. 

Wa-hey!

No comments:

Post a Comment