Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Crafty wee things

With one thing and another, I haven't had too much chance to get crafty lately.  I threw together the Boy's natty Christmas balaclava (and he wears it every day, I'm touched to see), but that's been about the extent of it.

But the Girl is often busy in her room hooking rugs or, most recently, putting together these dainty little things - the pencil is just there for scale.  She got a great book for Christmas called Beadlings which I would highly recommend if I hadn't just found out it's now out of print and the cheapest one available through Amazon UK costs £135.  Looking online there's another book called Beaded Critters which has similar-looking projects.  Anyway I was allowed to make a teeny lizard - a bit fiddly but really not difficult, and very satisfying for some reason.

Meanwhile the Boy has a whole year to work on building up a fleet of miniature paper aircraft, thanks to another Christmas present, a plane-a-day calendar.

1 comment: