Friday, January 21, 2011

Got snow?

Talk about a winter wonderland.  A couple more inches of snow fell in the night. 

The local school district makes its decision about snow closures and delays at 5am:  I know this because it's when I was woken up by my cellphone beeping, and a text message telling me school would be starting two hours late today.  Nice of them to give me such a headstart on a lie-in.

As it turns out, they probably made the wrong call this time.  By breakfast it had stopped snowing, and there was barely another flake all day.

I don't know exactly how much snow has accumulated by now.  Because of the ice a few days ago, it's impossible to plunge a yardstick more than half way into any snow pile.  But if it goes on like this, it may not be long before the furniture on the deck disappears altogether...

No comments:

Post a Comment