Word is, there's more snow on the way. Possibly quite a lot of it, though as usual here in the Albany area we'll be on the outer edges of the storm. The prospect is causing a deal of excitement in our household tonight, with high hopes of tomorrow being a Snow Day.
I had to go grocery shopping anyway today, but the idea that we might be holed up (for as much as a day!) encouraged me to load up my trolley more than I usually do, perhaps. It's a bit like that feeling you get before Christmas Day, the sense that you might never have easy access to food again so better stock up now because you know there'll be no choice but to forage for berries after this...oh, except that the supermarket will actually open again in a mere 24 hours (ok, maybe 48 hours in Britain because of Boxing Day - but anyway you're still going to be able to buy milk at a petrol station).
For fresh-air-and-exercise today I took myself for a brisk walk at Five Rivers. It was very cold. There weren't too many other people about, but I did spot a pair of eyes on me... Can you?
Yes,I see him/her(almost in the middle,about a quarter up)
ReplyDeleteLucky it wasnt a tiger!
Well spotted!
ReplyDeleteGreat photo. The Linton Co-op is open, by the way, on Boxing Day. And does a roaring trade.
ReplyDeleteAnd that's serious snow you've got. We're basking in balmy double figures.
They're discussing Nigel's (Pargetter) funeral on Woman's Hour tomorrow. Going to have to switch to Ken Bruce if this carries on.