Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Election day

The Man writes...of course the famous Revolutionary phrase "no taxation without representation" doesn't apply to us, but for American citizens today was election day. (Is it really a year since that day?) The public schools were closed and a huge range of posts, from Town Supervisor and Town Clerk to County Coroner, were up for grabs. I wonder what is the difference between a Democrat coroner and a Republican one?

Yesterday evening I went to a public talk about Nanomedicine, which turns out to be a huge and potentially exciting field that is growing particularly quickly over here. I'm sure we will hear a lot more about it.

On our trip to the Fields Sculpture Park, the camera battery suddenly ran out. But I think even with a very basic camera phone and relatively few pixels you can get an idea of how striking this scene was.

2 comments:

  1. Read all about it on page 3 of the Times today.5 Nov.
    Certanly something to improve medical treatment in the future

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Times"? Was the headline something like: "Brussels Eurocrats' threat to Nanomedicine" ?

    ReplyDelete