Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Monday, November 2, 2009
Lady of the rake
Among other things I managed to rake the front yard this morning, moments before the municipal Noo-noo arrived to schlurp up all the leaves. That's pretty much it for the front, as there are almost no more leaves left to fall in it. Just the backyard to deal with, then bring on winter.
This afternoon my sewing class was up and running once more, and the children were in energetic form again after all that poorliness last week. We made mice. Quite nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think I need to join your sewing class, having just made a 'Tudor' waistcoat for B. which is completely unwearable. Maybe I'll stick to white mice next time.
ReplyDeleteIt has to be said, generally speaking white mice are also completely unwearable. The kids in the class were momentarily amused, though, when they asked "What are we making today?" and I let the mouse emerge from my sleeve.
ReplyDeleteYou are the Brian Cant of Albany.
ReplyDeleteHi Maths! Did you mean Yoffy (Rick Jones) ?
ReplyDeleteNo actually I was thinking along the Playaway lines - you have now stirred up memories but what was it called?
ReplyDeleteFingerbobs!
ReplyDelete"Yoffy lifts a finger, and a mouse is there!"