I took the opportunity to catch up with a couple of temporary exhibitions at the New York State Museum - one on "Photographs of the Great Depression" and one entitled "1609" about the Dutch who first sailed up the Hudson to this part of the world, and the Native Americans whom they met here. Both exhibitions were small but carefully put together.
Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Getting on the treadmill
The Man writes...currently we are borrowing a library DVD called "The Family Man", about a single man who wakes up one day to find himself in an alternative life with a wife and two kids. With Albaniana and the Girl in New York, and the Boy at his best buddy's house all afternoon, my experience today was roughly the opposite.
I took the opportunity to catch up with a couple of temporary exhibitions at the New York State Museum - one on "Photographs of the Great Depression" and one entitled "1609" about the Dutch who first sailed up the Hudson to this part of the world, and the Native Americans whom they met here. Both exhibitions were small but carefully put together.
After wandering around the bleak, lonely and windswept Empire State Plaza, I then made my way to the YMCA where for the first time I checked out the extremely well appointed fitness room. It's so long since I've been on a running machine, I hadn't seen one before boasting a TV with 77 channels. Despite all that entertainment, it was still one of the longest fifteen minutes of my life. And of course I had only burnt off the calorie equivalent of about 1oz of chocolate.
I took the opportunity to catch up with a couple of temporary exhibitions at the New York State Museum - one on "Photographs of the Great Depression" and one entitled "1609" about the Dutch who first sailed up the Hudson to this part of the world, and the Native Americans whom they met here. Both exhibitions were small but carefully put together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment