The kids are on their Thanksgiving break already, and since the Man had the car today I got to enjoy their company at home all day lo-o-o-ong.
No, it was pretty good in fact. The Girl is on a mission to make her bedroom into a cool and trendy hangout, so we spent quite a bit of time in there rearranging things to make exciting spaces.
The Boy, meanwhile, mainly busied himself with some Space-related projects of his own.
Many American friends have asked me over the last few days if our family will be celebrating Thanksgiving. Clearly it doesn't have the same resonances for us as it does for those brought up with the tradition, but even so it's a holiday I'm happy to embrace. I have a thousand and one reasons to be thankful, and time spent reflecting on that fact is time well spent indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment