Sunday, November 29, 2009

City Break

The Girl and I got back from the City after midnight. We'd had a good trip - some retail therapy (for the Girl and her friend) tempered by some culture (museums) and a bit of hoofing it through the amazing Manahattan canyons.

Yesterday evening my friend J and I left our daughters in the borrowed apartment playing wih their new American Doll accessories while we crossed Central Park to visit the Guggenheim. It was my first visit - awesome place! The main exhibition was a Kandinsky retrospective, and the chronological progression of the paintings really lent itself to the spiral gallery. Though the artwork was interesting, to be honest I was much more impressed by the building itself. It's a truly amazing space. My efforts to capture it on camera failed dismally, alas.

Back in the Capital District, after a lazy morning we headed out to a new destination in the afternoon - but more of that tomorrow, I think.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very envious of your cultural expeditions in the Big Apple. The pinacle of my weekend was viewing the Christmas decorations in Scotsdales.

    Scotsdales/Bloomingdales you choose!

    ReplyDelete