Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Mail order

The children were off school for Veteran's Day today. It was sunny out, so in the morning I had them leaflet the area with flyers for a couple of fair trade events. There were predictable mutterings about this idea when I announced it, but of course once we were out on the street racing from mailbox to mailbox it all turned out to be quite fun.

Mostly, though, we stayed at home. The Girl had a friend round. My sewing student came over and sewed a doll's apron - a satisfying project, completed in a single session.

This evening I've been reading Jeremy Strong's My Brother's Famous Bottom to the Boy. (NB If you are secretly reading this at work with the sound on, sorry if you followed that link...) Much chortling. It's the sort of daft humour that just hits the mark with seven year-olds. He's hoping to persuade his teacher to read it to the class and share the joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment