I spent most of the day with leaflets and petition at a Fair Trade market held in a church hall (and don't be thinking pokey little English church hall - this was b-i-i-g). There were loads of traders representing craftspeople from many corners of the developing world - Malawi, Vietnam, Guatemala, Kyrgyzstan, to name just a few. The event was well attended, some stalls virtually sold out of wares, and I had some good conversations and added four more pages of signatures to our growing petition. Everyone agreed that it was a great success.
Tomorrow I'll be doing the same again, but in a different church hall with different vendors.
The rest of the family has also been busy. The Boy joined his buddy in a rocket-building excercise (the launch will take place tomorrow, weather permitting). The Girl started her new session of skating lessons and apparently enjoyed it, and has since been having a giggly time with friends. And the Man has been chauffering us all around, visiting Price Chopper and such-like excitements.
No comments:
Post a Comment