Emboldened by having successfully looked after a dog over the weekend, today I took on an even greater challenge: a toddler! Actually young E5N1 was delightful company for an afternoon. We took a leisurely stroll (you can't hurry a toddler, can you? I'd forgotten that), ate lunch, made a necessary car journey (during which he agreeably slept), then played in the yard. He accidentally strayed onto the springy swimming pool cover and got his trousers wet, but otherwise his visit passed without drama.Then I went out to teach my young needleworkers, who have at times been more trouble than a whole roomful of toddlers. Today though they managed very well, everyone finished a project (we were making finger puppets), and they only went really wild towards the end of the class when it didn't much matter anyway.
My quilt was raffled off at the weekend and raised nearly $400 for the school, so I'm quite pleased about that.
I told Exile #2 I was going to comment on you letting him play with plastic bags, but she said, "No! she might not do it again!!" so I'll just say "Thank you!" instead :-)
ReplyDeleteThe plastic bag was supplied by your family, actually... And you are welcome, he was a charming visitor.
ReplyDeletecongratulations on raising so much for the quilt and being so kind to give the proceeds to the school [payment fo5 the Chidrens "dinners"?]
ReplyDelete