It has been a day of to-ing and fro-ing. The Boy had a play date this morning which involved filling an entire room with train track so obviously that was very enjoyable. At lunchtime I drove out to yesterday's party venue to pick up the Girl who had overnighted there (note I don't claim she slept over).
Mid-afternoon we all went round to visit another friend. While the Man and I helped ourselves to plants from the garden (with permission, of course), the kids had a lot of fun indoors with a couple of other children and a new kitten. At one point I crept upstairs to see what they were up to. There was a lot of giggling and I heard the ominous words 'kitty swimming pool', accompanied by splashing noises. The parent of the household soon put a stop to that, and the poor kitten got away relatively undunked.
We said goodbye to our doggy boarder this evening. Hard to say whether or not he'd had a good time with us. He certainly got waggier when he saw his owner again, and set off home without a backwards glance.
No comments:
Post a Comment