Essentially it was a fundraiser for a small local school, but alongside the silent auction, raffle and secondhand sale in aid of the school there were also a range of practical activities going on to benefit other local charities: making quilts for veterans, bird-boxes for a community garden, cookies for a children's club etc. I hadn't been to an event quite like it before, and was impressed by the imagination that had gone into it. It felt like a good response to this time of recession. Plus I like making things, so it was my kind of a do.
The quilts were being made by a particularly speedy method which inspired me yesterday to have a go at putting one together myself. It really was quick and easy - I finished it in half a day. For anyone interested, it's made from double-layered flannel with snipped raw seams which are fluffed up by washing and drying.
No comments:
Post a Comment