Well, I don't know that you'd really call it a night on the town. I met a friend for a meal and a movie, so that was good. The flick was The Soloist. It was quite thought-provoking, though I have to admit that even as the self-appointed tiresome do-gooder of this parish that I've recently become, a film about schizophrenia and homelessness wouldn't normally be my first choice for a bit of Friday night escapism.
This afternoon we attended a mystery party for one of the Girl's friends. Dozens of kids worked in teams to try and solve a mystery about a seaside monster. The instructions were so complex that most of the adults present had no idea what was going on, never mind the children, yet the kids doggedly stuck at the task for a full hour and a half. In the end no-one got the right answer, but by then everyone was past caring and very happy to move on to the cake.
Speaking of dogged, we have a doggy house-guest for the weekend. Our neighbours are away and we're looking after their small fluffy pooch. He's fairly elderly. The Boy tried hard to teach him to roll over after dinner, but only managed to prove that it's true what they say about old dogs and new tricks.
No comments:
Post a Comment