It has been a lovely day here, sunny and warm. I spent the day at home, waiting in all morning for a workman who didn't show up (though he did call mid-afternoon to apologise and say he'd be along tomorrow). Although there were doubtless more pressing things I could have been doing I mostly sewed, read and did weeding. The latter I just do for the exercise, really. It's like weeding a rainforest - a whole new set of weeds always pops up overnight in the patch I thought I'd finished with.
D'you remember we had a dog to stay a couple of weeks ago? He was rather diffident and we weren't convinced he liked us much. So I was surprised this evening when I was sitting out on the front step with the Boy and this same dog came bounding over the grass to see us, all smiles and wagginess. His owner followed on the other end of his extendable lead. The dog seemed keen to get inside the house, but was persuaded to return to his own home for dinner instead. Perhaps he hadn't had such a bad time with us after all.
Don't get me started on workmen! Did you know there's a condition called oikodomophobia (it's greek for builder, apparently, not fear of oiks, though in some cases that would be pretty apt) to describe that palm sweating feeling many people get when they have to deal with tradesmen. Anyhow, glad you've rediscovered your bike. Makes you feel all Famous Five!
ReplyDeleteSeems they are just as bad over there! Weve been having visits from the gas repair man but surprise surprise he came exactly on time [and fixed it!]All is not lost.Today it is the car windscreen {windshield] that needs doing again-its draughty without it and wet!Good luck with the weeds.
ReplyDelete