American houses have a lot of rooms. Being at a bit of a loose end today I started painting yet another one of ours. I ran out of paint halfway round, also I'll need to borrow a long ladder from our neighbours to reach the highest parts. Still, what I've done so far is looking ok.
I took a break in the early afternoon and cycled down to the library to collect an audiobook they had on hold for me. I was quite surprised when they presented me with Tess of the D'Urbervilles because actually I was expecting children's comedy classic Double Fudge by Judy Blume. I was borrowing it for the Boy. The librarian agreed with me that, fine though Hardy is, he would probably be a disappointing substitute in this case. Three librarians and a shelver then had to turn the library upside down in search of the required item, which had mysteriously gone missing. But in the end they did find it, and they even managed to throw in an extra audiobook from the Fudge series which they came across along the way. Bonus!
On a much more serious note, please consider signing this petition on behalf of Aung San Suu Kyi, currently on trial on a trumped up charge in Burma. How much good the petition will do is doubtful, but it's better than doing nothing at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment