Friday, May 22, 2009

E5N1 and the Art of Cycle Maintenance

I got various jobs done at home today, including finishing off the room-painting at the top of a scarily high ladder (the room has a 'cathedral ceiling'). And I pedalled over to have lunch with Exile #2 and E5N1, which was very enjoyable. I even got a free trouser-wash thrown in courtesy of E5N1 and a wet tea towel.

My cycling is improving nicely. Yesterday I managed the hilly journey between home and Five Rivers without having to jump off and push, and I wasn't hyperventilating when I arrived either. But unfortunately my journey home today ended with a puncture, so I guess I'll now be needing to learn how to do basic cycle repairs.

The yard is also coming on nicely, creating pleasant spaces to sit and read a book.

1 comment:

  1. Thats the trouble with bicycles-they are always getting punctures.The same thing used to happen with cars in my early motoring days Much better now.
    The yard looks good! All she needs is a glass of cider to complete the picture.
    Still cant work out how to use my name so will have to remain-

    ReplyDelete