I reached the end of my arm-long list of dental treatment today - hooray! My renovated mouth is now worth as much as a small house.
After a rather lively sewing class at school the kids and I visited the Man's palatial new office (lots of space and chairs with wheels, which caused much joy). Then we all went to the nearby shiny diner for dinner.
Last night the Man and I watched Next Stop Wonderland, borrowed from the library. It's rather slight, but not nearly as terrible as the blurb or the picture on the DVD cover suggest. Although the movie came out in the late '90s, the technology people were using in it already looks surprisingly antiquated - phones with flexes, ancient-looking computers etc. Two characters, splitting up, argue over who gets to keep the video player... How quickly we move on and dismiss what seemed miraculous just a decade or two earlier.
No comments:
Post a Comment