A day of culture for us, or something like that. The Girl had a Girl Scout outing to the New York State Museum, a 'behind-the-scenes' visit courtesy of someone's uncle. Meanwhile the Boy and I also hung out at the museum. We took in a couple of exhibits, revisited the scene of our famous camping adventure, and took a ride on the carousel.
Once we were all together again I sought out a Children's Book Festival taking place at a school in Albany - I'd only found out about it this morning. It seemed like a good event (if a little biased towards the younger reader, with a heavy emphasis on picture books), but my two were already cultured out and couldn't raise enough interest, so we didn't get to watch any author presentations or try any craft activities such as making a Huck Finn raft. Shame.
Ah well, I got my book-fix later - in fact I've just got in from my book group meeting. Tonight we were reviewing The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and also Girls of Riyadh. The first was a little whimsical for me, though it taught me something about the German occupation of the Channel Islands. The second is an insider's take on the life of wealthy young Saudi women - it made for some interesting discussion.
No comments:
Post a Comment