Another day at home. The Boy had a different friend round to play. The Girl returned, apparently well-rested, from a sleepover.
The children are making plans for a yard sale extravaganza due to take place along our street next month. Reluctant to part with their own possessions, they intend to bake buns and cookies and make craft items such as finger puppets and jewellery to sell. Guess who will be bank-rolling their baking/crafting supplies? I'm getting anxious about how much this yard sale is going to cost us...
I read somewhere today that Wincanton is twinned with a fictional city from Terry Pratchett's Discworld. Apparently Wincanton has done well out of this alliance and a number of people have even moved house to live there, purely because of the Discworld connection. I'm not sure I would be very excited at the prospect of my town gradually filling up with fantasy fiction fans, but that may just be prejudice on my part (I can't stand fantasy fiction, all those tiresome elves and soothsayers).
Anyway, it all prompts the question: which town, real or imagined, would you choose to twin with your own city/town/village, and why?
Chicago.
ReplyDeleteA minimalist answer there, Anonymous Where (roughly) are you? And why Chicago?
ReplyDeletesorry it was me but somehow my name didn't materialise. Windy city - geddit?
ReplyDeleteAre you hoping they'll send Linton some wind? I wondered at first if there was some Parish Council corruption scandal going on which would make twinning with Chicago a great fit.
ReplyDelete