I had a long skating practice today. It's very frustrating. It's a lot like learning to drive a manual car, there are so many actions to remember it can kind of jam you up - but every now and then you stop thinking and it all comes right and it's pretty satisfying.
Being a learner at something gave me a lot of sympathy for the checkout woman at the supermarket this afternoon. She was being trained and I may have been her first ever customer. She got just about everything wrong. She looked miserable and I did feel sorry for her.
That could be me soon, mind you. My work permit came through today. My family is very excited at the possibility of me joining the Price Chopper staff and qualifying for a discount on Rice Krispies...
Boy why are you grumping?
ReplyDeleteI'd be surprised if Price Chopper were taking people on. It's more a case of Job Chopper here. Which reminds me, did you hear that Marks & Spencer are merging with Poundstretcher? They're going to be called Stretch Marks. Boom boom.
ReplyDelete