I've mentioned a few times how cold it is here at the moment. I guess last night it got even colder, because we woke up to a frozen pipe. Strangely, it was the pipe to the kitchen sink's hot tap (fawcet). Unfortunately, most of it is behind plasterboard (sheetrock) so it was impossible to access the frozen section.
So I spent much of the day worrying that the pipe might have cracked and waiting for the flood that would come with the thaw. It did thaw out eventually, at about 3:30pm, perhaps helped by my standing on a ladder in the basement and directing a hairdryer at the spot on the ceiling where I reckoned the frozen bit must be hidden. Happily there was no flood. We'll aim to heat the house a little extra, especially overnight, until this arctic spell passes.
Other news: show of work in the Boy's class today. They have been studying 'Community Workers', and had produced posters and a beautiful class pop-up book. The Boy had concentrated on pilots - shame he missed the chance to include yesterday's story of heroic Chesley Sullenberger and his dramatic landing (rivering?) on the Hudson.
No comments:
Post a Comment