Male readers may prefer to skip this episode. It's about mammograms.
So, today saw installment three of my never-ending routine medical examination. It took place at a local hospital. When I booked it, a few weeks ago, they'd given me some instructions which of course I promptly forgot. So this morning I was wracking my brain: did they say eat a big breakfast? Or don't eat anything? Can I drink coffee? But it turned out all they'd asked me was not to wear deodorant.
I'll spare you the full details, suffice it to say that it wasn't that bad, but they squish the relevant parts of you in a kind of vice so afterwards I felt a bit like I'd done five rounds with a breadmaker. I asked the radiographer how men get checked if they need to be. She said they are mammogrammed in just the same way, but they complain more.
No comments:
Post a Comment