I skated my legs off today. And this evening the Man stubbed his toe badly chasing around the house with his son shouting 'Beep beep beep'. We're both hobbling - it's a wonder we managed to deal with the tree.
Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
UFOs
Although we took down our Christmas decorations on Twelfth Night, the tree remained mainly because we knew it would be such an effort to get it back out of the house. But tonight out it went at last. So now we just have pine-needles to remember it by, and I know I'll be finding these mementos for the next six months, in my shoes, in bed, falling out of my purse when I go shopping - how do they always manage to get everywhere?.
I skated my legs off today. And this evening the Man stubbed his toe badly chasing around the house with his son shouting 'Beep beep beep'. We're both hobbling - it's a wonder we managed to deal with the tree.
We've entered a really cold snap, and it will be even colder by Friday. It's a good time of year to stay in the warm and work on Unfinished Objects: here are a couple I've completed this week. One is a pincushion from a kit Mum brought me in October; the other is the stitching-by-numbers job.
I skated my legs off today. And this evening the Man stubbed his toe badly chasing around the house with his son shouting 'Beep beep beep'. We're both hobbling - it's a wonder we managed to deal with the tree.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment