We finally got the Boy's hair cut today. As usual, I had trouble making myself understood by a hairdresser. 'Not too much off the bangs (fringe), but layered and short round the back and sides,' was what I asked. Somehow she interpreted this as 'he's growing it long, so barely an inch off all round, please'. She was almost shirty with me when I explained again what he really wanted. Then she went and cut the fringe much shorter than the Boy had planned (after the first chop it wasn't worth saying anything, she wasn't going to glue it back on) and he came out sulking - but not too bad-looking.
Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Bangs to right
We finally got the Boy's hair cut today. As usual, I had trouble making myself understood by a hairdresser. 'Not too much off the bangs (fringe), but layered and short round the back and sides,' was what I asked. Somehow she interpreted this as 'he's growing it long, so barely an inch off all round, please'. She was almost shirty with me when I explained again what he really wanted. Then she went and cut the fringe much shorter than the Boy had planned (after the first chop it wasn't worth saying anything, she wasn't going to glue it back on) and he came out sulking - but not too bad-looking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment