Saturday, January 24, 2009

Can we go now?


We took ourselves along to the Grafton Lakes Winterfest again. It was much like last year's except that more Exiles came too. And it was snowier and colder. I can't tell you exactly how cold it was, but I can say that within two minutes of taking off my gloves to tie up the Girl's skates I had no feeling whatsoever in my fingers. Nevertheless, just like last year a bunch of folk felt the need to strip down to their swimsuits and plunge into an ice hole for charity. There's no accounting for people.


Meanwhile the Girl impressed us very much with her lake skating. She fell down a few times, but considering the 'rink' was so rough and cut-up that it was like skating on cobbles she did incredibly well and proved that she has been learning something during the lessons she attends so nonchalantly.

Unusually on an outdoor activity, our family roles ended up being reversed. It was the shivering parents who moaned plaintively 'Can we go now? Pleeeease?' while the children insisted on staying for more freezing fun with skates and sleds.

No comments:

Post a Comment