This morning I did the second part of my Five Rivers instructor training - an observation session. I joined a party of 5th graders (10 & 11 year-olds) on a snow-shoeing/tracking expedition. They fell down a lot, which I took to be mucking about on their part, but one of their teachers kept falling over too so perhaps they just genuinely couldn't get the hang of snow-shoes.
Anyway, we saw a great many tracks - deer, squirrel, mouse, skunk - and an actual rabbit, so that was pretty good. We were trekking round for more than an hour, but though the temperature was low the sun was bright and there was no wind, so it was really pleasant to be out.
I skyped with my parents this afternoon. Apparently there are snowdrops in England already. Grrr - it'll be months before we see any flowers here. It looks like there'll be good weather for us tomorrow, but there's a winter weather watch for Wednesday - more snow is on its way.
No comments:
Post a Comment