Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Gore blimey, guv'nor

I watched yesterday’s inauguration round at Exile #2’s place. It meant I was able to enjoy the events on a slightly bigger scale than allowed for by the 2x3” internet live stream box on my computer screen.

I’m glad I was able to watch with a fellow Briton. I'd thought of knocking on an American neighbour’s door, and I’m sure I’d have been let in, but I was worried it would seem like gate-crashing a family wedding. Yet when you know you’re going to be watching a little bit of history, it’s nice to have company.

Television commentators are an awesome lot, aren't they? The way they can just keep prattling away without a thought in their heads. We were watching ABC and at one point the camera lingered on Al Gore. 'I bet he's thinking how different this day would be for him if he'd just won that second term...' mused the commentator. Hm, I bet. But having hypothetically won that first term, too, presumably?

Al Gore, eh? Him and his so-called global warming...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete