We're having a few appliance problems. First, the fabulously named 'Insinkerator' (waste disposal unit) has packed up, which means the kitchen sink keeps getting backed up. Lovely.
And, this rainy evening, we realised that our sump pump hasn't been working and we have a minor flood in our carpeted basement. Ah me. The Man has managed to get the pump going again, but it's now a cause for concern. I do wonder why there's such enthusiasm for basements in this country, given their propensity to flood.
Anyway, what fun to have all these new and exciting problems to worry about!
If they have basements...do they have sheds? I was disturbed as to how much enjoyment I got out of looking at sheds in a gardening catalogue recently...
ReplyDeleteI am also disturbed as to my overuse of ellipsis...
Give me a shed any day. Though people don't go in for gardening quite so much here, I think. Quite a few people seem to have barns, though.
ReplyDelete