Thursday, March 27, 2008

Let them eat / kayak

Just got in from a 'date night' with the Man - a movie and a meal, so that was a bit of a rare treat. The film was British: Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day. Lovely sets and costumes, daft plot.

Much of the day was spent with Mum at the shops, namely Flying Geese Fabrics (excellent quilting shop) and L.L.Bean, famous for outdoor pursuits gear and clothing. There were lots of brightly coloured kayaks hanging up. I could quite fancy kayaking. (And for those of you scoffing at the very thought, I'll have you know I'm quite handy on the water. Used to row back in m' college days, don'tcha know. Well, OK, I rowed for a term. Then the captain started expecting us to lift weights and jog to the river at five in the morning in the middle of January, and really there's a limit. But kayaking on a lake on a summer's day - yeah, I could do that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment