The Man writes... while Albaniana and the Girl were doing their Fair Tradey thing yesterday, I took the Boy to the
Auto Museum in Saratoga Springs.

Now I'm the last person in the world to review a car museum, but even I could see that the main exhibit - a collection of 1950s and 60s Corvettes - is pretty cool. There are also fine exhibits about the history of cars in New York State. The Boy enjoyed it all but inevitably spent most time in the computer area - designing his own sports car and driving around Daytona in a simulator.

The museum is housed in a stylish building - orginally a Bottling Plant - in Saratoga Spa State Park, and the walls still bear information about the alleged health benefits of the local water.

Opposite there was a line of more prosaic modern cars, as people queued to fill large plastic containers from spiggots fed by the natural springs. It was a hot day and I gulped down a handful from the one free spiggot before realising that unlike the others it was marked
Mineral Water. "Be careful that's strong water!" someone remarked, a moment too late!
To the man;
ReplyDeleteI hope that your thirst quencher didnt have an adverse effect on you.
One of your relatives would benefit from one or more of the waters,I believe!!!
What a lovely car