I guess winter is now officially behind us: I took the kids to a favourite cafe and the air-conditioning was up so high that we were half-frozen before we'd finished our cookies. It's strange, this desire to bake customers through the winter and freeze them through the summer, and even through the milder spring. I wonder why they feel they have to do it? Is there no "temperate" setting on the thermostat?
Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Not sew cosy
I guess winter is now officially behind us: I took the kids to a favourite cafe and the air-conditioning was up so high that we were half-frozen before we'd finished our cookies. It's strange, this desire to bake customers through the winter and freeze them through the summer, and even through the milder spring. I wonder why they feel they have to do it? Is there no "temperate" setting on the thermostat?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment