
Today, another beautiful, breezy spring day, I made a trip to
Henry Hudson Park. It's one of the first places we visited when we moved out here,
way back when our life in the US was strange and new. We've only been back one time since, so I thought a re-visit was in order.

It's a very little park, at least the riverside stretch of it, but pretty with its view of the water. There were a few fishermen sitting with their lines. I guess they fish for sport - not sure I'd want to eat anything that had been swimming in the Hudson, much as I have come to love that mighty river.

There were flowers, and new leaves unfurling on the trees and I enjoyed my brief stroll. In passing I noticed that the play equipment, which had been the perfect size for our kids in 2007, now looks rather small...

On the way back I stopped to take a look at this strikingly red building - once a schoolhouse and now home of the Bethlehem Historical Society. I made a note to call again - it's open to the public only on summer Sundays, 2-4pm.
No comments:
Post a Comment