Wednesday, April 14, 2010

From sea to shining sea

Yet another perfect spring day, and I was pleased to have to spend the morning out and about at Five Rivers revising a lesson on Animal Signs. We saw not only signs but actual animals, so that was a bonus: squirrel, deer, geese, catfish and turtle.

In the afternoon I visited the local Middle School to meet some young people who are going to help me out at a fair trade event in a couple of weeks. They were very impressive - polite, interested and eager to be involved.

And tonight I've been on a conference call with members of at least fourteen of the Fair Trade Town campaigns across the US. While the conference call format is a bit unsatisfactory and stilted, it's still pretty cool to be linked up with FT activists as far apart as Texas, California, New Mexico, Vermont, Colorado, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, New Jersey... Compared to the UK, Fair Trade Towns USA is still a small movement - but it's definitely growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment