Monday, April 12, 2010

Radio times

Most mornings I listen to our excellent public radio station. Not this morning though. Instead, I was on it. Now there's a turn up.

It was all about fair trade, of course. I was on with two other ft advocates. Although rather nerve-wracking, I think it actually went ok. I have a new respect for the interviewer who is very professional, but manages to make it all sound quite casual and off the cuff. He was able to put the three of us at ease, largely because he was well prepared and asked us the questions we wanted asked.

Not only were we on the radio, but we were also being broadcast live online and on cable TV (though I'm not sure who chooses to watch a radio show - the mind buggles). Hence some advice from one of the other interviewees in an email a couple of days ago: wear clothes. (We did.)

In the interests of my increasingly half-baked anonymity, I won't give the link to the interview here. If you know my email address and would like to listen, drop me a line. If you know me only through this blog, well, feel free to track the recording down if you are so minded, but I'm afraid I'm going to let you do the leg-work.

4 comments:

  1. I thought you did a marvellous job "person with the British accent"
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny that, at least two British listeners have told me I sound a little bit American...

    Thank you, you are very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tracked it down! Very well done - I suspect I would have been completely tongue-tied, even fully clothed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was really good'
    I wish you every success

    ReplyDelete