We had rain in the night and the temperature has cooled right back down to something more seasonally normal. So instead of baking outdoors it was quite pleasant to spend much of the day baking indoors, in preparation for a party the Girl is having tomorrow. She and her friend helped me out, and insisted on making Rice Krispie treats with melted mini-marshmallows. The Boy and I agree that this is a crime against Rice Krispies.
Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Friday, April 9, 2010
Sweet treats
I was very excited today to find out that I've won 200 bars of chocolate! And I've also been contacted by Ben & Jerry's offering me free ice-cream. It's not for myself, alas, but for a Fair Trade event I'm planning. More about that another time.
We had rain in the night and the temperature has cooled right back down to something more seasonally normal. So instead of baking outdoors it was quite pleasant to spend much of the day baking indoors, in preparation for a party the Girl is having tomorrow. She and her friend helped me out, and insisted on making Rice Krispie treats with melted mini-marshmallows. The Boy and I agree that this is a crime against Rice Krispies.
A propos of nothing, in the DC area we spied quite a few signs like this one. We'd not come across the concept of a Kiss and Ride before - have you?
We had rain in the night and the temperature has cooled right back down to something more seasonally normal. So instead of baking outdoors it was quite pleasant to spend much of the day baking indoors, in preparation for a party the Girl is having tomorrow. She and her friend helped me out, and insisted on making Rice Krispie treats with melted mini-marshmallows. The Boy and I agree that this is a crime against Rice Krispies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have seen these, but only in the DC area. Sounds sweeter than curbside drop-off.
ReplyDeleteIt is very sweet, though it does assume a certain level of familiarity with the driver.
ReplyDelete