Monday, March 15, 2010

Unmonitored time

The computer monitor packed in sometime late this morning, leaving me in effect computerless. That was a bit of a blow - I had a couple of documents to work on and some emails I was planning to send, not to mention all that time I could have filled googling random thoughts that popped into my head. Or taking a virtual stroll round Linton on Streetview.

Instead I took myself off to the rink and skated hard for an hour. On getting home, I drafted my documents in the old-fashioned way, in a notebook with a pencil, and instead of just googling ideas I set to work on one and managed to turn a cereal box and some toilet rolls into a rather nice elephant mask with an articulated trunk.

The kids were predictably disappointed not to be able to play on the computer when they got home, but pretty soon decided it would be just as much (maybe more?) fun to play outside on rollerblades and a scooter, even though it was rather cold. And then the Girl rang a friend and invited herself round, while the Boy and I cuddled up and read together.

Hmm, perhaps there's something to be said for a less technological life. Could be. And now if you'll excuse me, while I've got the Man's laptop I must just check my email...

4 comments:

  1. Brings me out in a cold sweat if I thought I couldn't get e-mail at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you heard about the Linton bomb scare? Now go and look it up on Google ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating report from your "remote village" in The Independent.

    "He brought it into the office and it said 'grenade hand, smoke purple' on the side" !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did NOT envite my self!

    ReplyDelete