I've been stitching quite intensively this weekend, trying to get my latest quilt finished so I can hand it in to school where it will be raffled. I enjoy hand-quilting, but it doesn't half wreck your fingers (temporarily) and I'm having to type tonight with my most needled fingers at strange angles to avoid pain. However, I'm very nearly done with the project - just a binding to add tomorrow.
I did break off from sewing to accompany my son to his friend's bowling party. Most of the kids there were about seven and bowled accordingly, though there was one wunderkind, only six years old, who bowled like a pro. He got at least three strikes and five or six spares. His mom looked dumbfounded. He was utterly nonchalant. Beginner's luck? Or raw talent? It was hard to tell. If talent, is that worth nurturing? Can you make a living at ten-pin bowling?
Well done,woman! I hope that the raffle goes well and raises lots of $$s
ReplyDelete