Monday, September 29, 2008

Woofers and squeakers

My umbrella dilemma found a simple solution in the end as I realised I'd have to drive up to school during the day anyway, so I took them myself. Would that the US government could solve the current financial crisis so easily...

This morning I finished painting the kitchen, and this afternoon at school I was down in the basement taking inventory of Fall Fair equipment and assessing mouse damage.

A propos of nothing, can you name this dog? I snapped his photo the other day while I was out and about in town. I noticed him from afar on our first reconnaissance visit to Albany, way back when. As a long-time collector of gramophones and 78s, I saw his presence as yet another sign that our move here was meant to be.

5 comments:

  1. I am obviously far too young to remember the dog's name, but my great great grandma says he's called Nipper. Actually I looked it up on Wikipedia.

    I have an Archie Andrews 78. Will save it for your return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there you are, and I thought everyone grew up knowing the name of Nipper. Does that mean you didn't spend your teenage years listening to Henry Hall and his BBC Dance Orchestra on scratchy old records?

    Nice to have you back, Livid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't everybody celebrate their new-found freedom from parents and the cruel misconceptions of their school friends by rushing away to college to spend their time recklessly missing the odd lecture to stay at home with a nice cup of tea and a few disks by Ambrose? Only the odd lecture, of course. Well, only the ones that weren't compulsory...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't everybody celebrate their new-found freedom from parents and the cruel misconceptions of their school friends by rushing away to college to spend their time recklessly missing the odd lecture to stay at home with a nice cup of tea and a few disks by Ambrose? Only the odd lecture, of course. Well, only the ones that weren't compulsory...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those were the days, eh, KJ - we wanted so much to be rebels, but our inner squares always got the better of us.

    ReplyDelete