This morning someone who prefers to remain anonymous went around my immediate neighbourhood putting up posters for the Five Rivers Fall Festival. I (oops, she) felt a little apprehensive, not being sure of postering etiquette here. There aren't many lamp-posts around, so signs advertising events (mainly garage sales) generally get put up on telegraph poles. Very often these poles stand in people's front yards - so does pinning up a poster on them constitute trespass? I'm still not sure, but tend to think that if a pole is already hedgehogged with old nails and staples it's probably regarded as fair game.Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Bill Stickers is innocent, OK?
This morning someone who prefers to remain anonymous went around my immediate neighbourhood putting up posters for the Five Rivers Fall Festival. I (oops, she) felt a little apprehensive, not being sure of postering etiquette here. There aren't many lamp-posts around, so signs advertising events (mainly garage sales) generally get put up on telegraph poles. Very often these poles stand in people's front yards - so does pinning up a poster on them constitute trespass? I'm still not sure, but tend to think that if a pole is already hedgehogged with old nails and staples it's probably regarded as fair game.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment