When I drop the Man off at work of a morning I often end up somewhere like Lowes DIY store, one of the few shops nearby that is open at that time (most open at 10am). The sales staff always send me off with my purchases wishing me a 'great afternoon' - when it's still only about 9:30, if that - which I used to find puzzling. I finally realised that, since the store opens at six, they must have to get up for work before dawn. Fair enough then that by the time they see me they are already thinking about lunch.
Lowes is where I buy my paint supplies, which have been keeping me busy all week. The children, who did not approve of the recent bathroom makeover, are deeply suspicious when they get in from school. The Boy greets me bailfully with 'So, what have you ruined today?'
Yesterday and today I've been working on the main bedroom. Yesterday I also had a go at filling cracks in the drive, in preparation for winter's freeziness.
No comments:
Post a Comment