The Girl's challenge today has been to get her homework done so that we can enjoy the last day off school (tomorrow) without it hanging over us. To be honest she hasn't quite finished, but she has made good progress and she'll polish it off in the morning I'm sure.
Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Thumbs Down
The Boy has been playing along to some of his favourite songs today. Not that I want to discourage this new musical interest, but it would be really good if he could learn more than just the one note on his recorder. Fortunately he was mainly practising in his room with door and windows closed, but even so the rest of us all got to endure (sorry, enjoy) it too.
He is trying to give up sucking his thumb, having finally accepted that it'll ruin his teeth if he doesn't. He was a woeful figure at bedtime tonight, though last time I looked he'd hidden the hand with the favourite thumb on it inside a cuddly baby penguin puppet. I hope his strategy works and that he doesn't wake up with a mouthful of fur.
The Girl's challenge today has been to get her homework done so that we can enjoy the last day off school (tomorrow) without it hanging over us. To be honest she hasn't quite finished, but she has made good progress and she'll polish it off in the morning I'm sure.
The Girl's challenge today has been to get her homework done so that we can enjoy the last day off school (tomorrow) without it hanging over us. To be honest she hasn't quite finished, but she has made good progress and she'll polish it off in the morning I'm sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment